Policy Effective: May 1, 2018
This Policy does not apply to information collected by us offline (except telephonic communications) or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party; including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Site or Mobile App.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Site or Mobile App.
This Policy is governed by United States law. Please read it carefully. By using the Site or Mobile App, you are accepting the practices described in this Policy and accept its terms. You also give your express permission for us to collect, process, store, and use Information in accordance with this Policy.
The Company reserves the right to modify or amend this Policy at any time, but should it be necessary to do so, will notify you of any material changes to this Policy by email, by posting such changes at the Site or by other acceptable means.
All amended terms will automatically take effect thirty (30) days after we provide such notice, or on a date that we specify in the notice. Each version of the Policy is identified at the top of the page by its effective date. Your continued use of the Site after changes have been posted constitutes your acceptance of the Policy as amended. If you do not agree to the changes, please do not use the Site or the Mobile App.
INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY YOU
Information That You Provide To Us. We may ask you to provide us with, and we may automatically collect the following Information: name, address, email address, telephone number, mobile phone number, information on the camera equipment you own (including, serial numbers, price paid, receipts/invoices, business and past insurance information, revenues, employees, previous claims, and business activities), application version, and device type. The Information referenced in this paragraph that is provided by you is referred to as “Personally Identifiable Information.”
Biometric. The Mobile App uses touch ID as a secure log-in mechanism. However, we do not store fingerprints or other biometric identifiers. These identifiers are stored only on your mobile device or system, and we do not have access to such information.
Social Media. You may create an account using your existing Facebook account. Should you choose to do so, the Company may acquire personal information contained within your Facebook user profile, including, without limitation, your image, email address, contact information and Facebook User ID.
Photos. You may choose to upload your photographs, including photographs of photography gear and receipts. Uploading photographs is entirely voluntary.
Device Access/Camera/Notifications. The Company can have the ability to access the following parts of your mobile device if your mobile device’s settings permit such access: camera, photo library and notifications. Your mobile device may allow you to modify permissions to restrict access by us to the camera and turn off notifications.
Responsibility for Information Provided. You are responsible for the content of the Personally Identifiable Information and you must ensure it is legal, honest, truthful, accurate and not misleading in any way. You must ensure that the Personally Idenfiable Information provided by you does not infringe on any rights of any third party (including, without limitation, rights of confidentiality), or is otherwise legally actionable by such third party. Your violation of this provision may constitute a material breach of your End User License Agreement with the Company, any insurance policies you obtain through the usage of this platform, and may potentially be a violation of various federal, state and local insurance fraud provisions, including the New Jersey Insurance Fraud Prevention Act.
No Obligation. Use of the Site and/or the Mobile App is entirely voluntary. Submission of Provided Information does not establish any obligation not listed in this Policy.
You have the ability to review and request changes to Provided Information by submitting an email to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also review and make changes to Provided Information in the Mobile App.
INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED
While we do not ordinarily permit third parties to track your activity through the Site or the Mobile App, there are certain services which automatically receive and/or collect basic activity an information from you through the Site and/or Mobile App, and store that information in log files. This information includes: date/timestamp, In app behaviour/clicks, account creation log, crash reports, device type, operating system. We then aggregate this data, possibly combine it with additional information we collect about all users of our service to complete customer orders, better understand how visitors use our site, improving user experience, and to help manage, maintain, and report on use / performance of our Site. For fraud detection and prevention purposes, we store the IP addresses of users for both the Site and the Mobile App.
Outside of our posession or control, the manufacturers of your mobile device and/or your mobile device’s operating system may collect information in connection with their respective privacy and data practices.
Geolocation. Through analytics tools, we may collect geo-location information, but such information is limited to the country level data only.
Operating System. Through analytic tools and user submitted feedback, we may collect and store information about your operating system and device hardware.
Google Analytics. Google Analytics is integrated into the Site. All analytic results are anonymized and are used primarily for monitoring site performance.
DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
We do not track user personal information over time and across third-party websites. Therefore, neither the Site and Mobile App not alter their practices when it receives Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) signals. Third parties that have services on our Site, such as Google Analytics, may obtain information about your browsing or usage habits, in accordance with their respective privacy policies. To find out more about DNT, you may visit the following third party website www.allaboutdnt.com.
PURPOSES OF INFORMATION COLLECTION, PROCESSING, AND/OR USE
We use Information to provide you with a superior experience, and, as necessary, to administer our Company. We use your Information in the following ways:
- Provide, improve, test and monitor the functionality and effeciveness of the Site and Mobile App;
- Allow you to upload, store, and keep track of your camera gear;
- Remember information so you will not have to re-enter every time you wish to use the Site or Mobile App;
- Create insurance quotes, proposals, and documentation for you (if you choose to be provided such quotes and proposals);
- To allow you to be contacted by a third party insurance company (if you choose to be so contacted);
- Administer and manage the Company, the Site, and Mobile App;
- Develop and test new features;
- Diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Give you notices about your account;
- Provide client service and/or marketing products or services;
- Administer, enhance, and communicate with you regarding the Company’s events, marketing, and advertising; and/or
- Make communications necessary to notify you regarding order confirmations, products, services, market research, requests, fraud, marketing, security, privacy, and administrative issues.
As set forth above, we may also use Information to contact, or have our third party insurance company partners contact you about insurance products that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please email us at email@example.com.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
We will retain and use Information as necessary as long as your account is active, it was reasonably useful for commercial purposes, and/or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We may share Information as follows or as otherwise described in this Policy:
- With suppliers, business partners, vendors, consultants and other service providers, subsidiairies, and affiliates who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf relating to the Site, Mobile App, and the Company, including, without limitation: website operation/hosting, or information technology consulting services; completion of forms; payment processing; customer service; Site and Mobile App maintenance and management; data analysis; fraud screening / protection; product customization; customer service, marketing and promotions; data cleansing (if applicable); legal services; and other administrative and back-up and security services. These third parties do not have the right to use Information we provide them in any way that is not authorized by us or otherwise disclosed in their privacy policies.
- With third party insurance providers to market their products or services to you, if you have not opted out of these disclosures for purposes of creating insurance insurance quotes, proposals, and documentation for you, and/or contacting you (if you choose to be provided such quotes and proposals).
- In response to a request for information if disclosure is required in accordance with any applicable law, legal obligation (e.g. subpoena, warrant or other court and/or governmental order), regulation or legal process, or is otherwise required or permitted by any applicable law, rule or regulation.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it (for example, subscribing to an email newsletter).
- To protect the rights, property, and/or safety of the Company and others, and/or to assist in the investigation of fraud as initiated by the Company, third-party insurance carriers and government agencies.
- With others with your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- If the Company, in its sole rasonable discretion, believes the health and/or safety of an individual may be jeopardy.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, you have the right to ask us not to use disclose your Information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes (that is, “opt-out”). If you wish to opt-out of sharing your Information with third parties for direct marketing purposes, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Opt-Out” in the subject line. California residents may request further information about our approach to this law by writing to us at the address listed below and requesting further information.
All Information is stored on databases and/or servers that are operated by us (such as Amazon Web Services) or our third party insurance company partners, whose use such Information is governed by our agreements with them.
USAGE OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES
Some services offered by us are intended for use within the United States, and is not intended to be used in any other territory, even though the Site and the Mobile App may function in countries other than the United States. If you use the Site from outside the United States, you explicitly accept that your Information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States, where laws regarding processing of personal information may differ than the laws of other countries. You are responsible for complying with the laws of the jurisdiction in which you choose to use the Site.
You agree not to use the Site in any way that is in violation of the law of any country or jurisdiction. You further agree not to use the Site from a territory that is embargoed by the United States or from which it is illegal to receive products or services from the United States. You further agree to ensure that the Site will not accessed or used by persons on the United States Table of Denial Orders, the Entity List, or the List of Specially Designated Nationals.
NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
The Company may use Non-Personally Identifiable Information for any legitimate business puprose, including for marketing activities. Non-Personally Identifiable Informationis information THAT belongs to a particular user of the service, but is not sufficient to identify, contact or locate the peson to whom such information pertains. For example, the name and contact information may be removed and replaced with an special customer ID used solely for this purpose, while the remaining information, such as the type and condition of gear being used on the service is retained. This information may include data which has been purposefully de-identified. At no time will any information used in such a manner be attributable specifically to you.
The Company takes appropriate security measures to secure Information. For example, communications between the Mobile App and our servers are secured over “https” and we hash user passwords that are stored by us. With respect to third parties, we review their privacy practices and require that any Information shared with a third party have the same level of safeguards as those used by us.. Note that the transmission of information via the internet is not always completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect Information, we cannot guarantee the security of Information transmitted through the Site
The Site and Mobile App is marketed for, and directed to, purchase and usage by adults. Individuals under the age of 18 are not permitted to use the Site without the supervision of a parent or legal guardian.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Information from anyone who we know to be under the age of 13, or knowingly allow such persons to use the Site. Should we learn that someone under the age of 13 has provided Information through the Site, we will remove that Information as soon as reasonably possible. To the extent possible, any Information from anyone who we know to be under the age of 13 will be destroyed.
If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com, and we will begin an investigation.
Questions and requests related to this Policy may be directed to the postal address listed below, at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to such requests in accordance with applicable law.
11 Avenue at Port Imperial, #1026, West New York, NJ 07093